This guide shows you how to add new fields for your model to capture.
In Nanonets OCR, fields refer to specific elements or pieces of information that you want to extract from the documents. Each field corresponds to a particular data point within the document.
For example, in an invoice document, common fields to extract could be:
- Invoice Number, Date, Total Amount, Vendor Name, Billing Address
- Line Items (with fields such as Item Name, Quantity, Unit Price, etc.)
By defining these fields, you can train the Nanonets OCR model to locate and extract the relevant information from each document accurately. The extracted fields can then be used for further processing, analysis, or integration with other systems or applications.
If creating a new custom model:
- 2.You will see a Manage labels screen
- 3.Type in the name of each field you need (eg: Applicant)
- 4.Click on Add new field to add each field name.
If adding fields to an existing model:
- 1.Left panel > Active model > AI Training > Manage Labels
- 2.You will see a screen like the one above. Click on Add new field to add each field.
Need to capture line items?
- Click on the Table headers tab to add new columns for your line items.